Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nantucket Pancake Breakfast

Chocolate Chip Pancake Smiles!
Normally part of the fun in Nantucket is making pancakes and my famous blueberry sauce for my cousins, E and S. However, we didn't have any blueberries on pancake day, so I improvised... both kids told me that next time we should just go back to my blueberry sauce. Oh well, I agreed, but I actually liked this sauce too. Enjoy and let me know it you like this strawberry pancake jam or my traditional blueberry syrup. 



1 year ago... Sand Dollar Almond Cookies

Homemade Strawberry Pancake Jam
a Calamity Kate Original

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
3 tablespoons grape juice
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon orange marmalade
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 peach, peeled and chopped into a mash
1 cup water

In a medium pot, mix in jam, 1/2 cup of the water, lemon juice, honey, grape juice and vanilla. 
Turn heat to medium and stir until all of the ingredients are mixed well. Add in the peach and orange marmalade, turn the burner to high heat and add in the remaining water. Cook on high until the water boils down and the fruity syrup is left, about 5 minutes. If it is too sweet, add in more lemon juice. Serve over chocolate chip pancakes and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Your strawberry jam looks yummy. Any jam that has a child have such a thumbs up smile has to be delicious. :)

    Roberta
    MoreThymeThanDough

    ReplyDelete


Hello and thanks for visiting Calamity Kate Kitchen. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipes and stories to leave a comment! Please excuse our word verification, but lots of spammers have been leaving their comments and those comments are not appropriate. Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to read your comments!
Cheers, Kate