Sunday, April 3, 2011

Letty do's Salad

3 plus years ago I was introduced to this very extraordinary salad and a new friend. A new gal TC, got hired in to work in our office.  We were having a pitch-ins and TC wanted to bring her favorite salad, Letty do's Salad, her families salad. This salad is one of my favorite odd foods. It is such a mix of interesting ingredients. I wasn't sure how it would taste. Some of the ingredients were not normally put together, like sugar and olive oil and uncooked ramen noodles.  But I like to try just about everything. 

TC's Letty do's Salad is incredibly delicious and very unordinary. I was really schocked that I liked the dressing of olive oil and sugar. It was perfect with the slightly crunchy bits of ramen noodles and nuts and the sharpness of the green onion and the freshness of the slaw. Because this salad is full of  nuts it is very filling and full of protein. But no matter how full you are, you will want more. Letty do's Salad is very rich with flavor and has a great mouth feel. 

I love when TC brings this salad to our pitch-ins. She is a fablous friend and she is always up for eatting my cupcakes. These are her favorite cupcakes, this and this. These are now deamed TC's Birthday Cupcakes. 
 I can't wait for you all to make this awesome salad and let me know what you think. 
 Cheers, Kate


Letty do's Salad
from my friend TC

1 bag slaw mix
3 chopped green onions
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
1 package Ramen noodles, chicken flavor, crunched but not cooked
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
Mix slaw, green onions, almonds, sunflower seeds, and crunched ramen noodles in a very large mixing bowl.

Put 1/4 cup sugar and chicken flavoring packet in a large measuring cup.
Stir in 1/2 cup olive oil into the measuring cup with sugar and chicken flavor packet. mix well.

When oil is well-mixed in, add oil to mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate over night. Stir well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hello and thanks for visiting Calamity Kate Kitchen. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipes and stories to leave a comment! Please excuse our word verification, but lots of spammers have been leaving their comments and those comments are not appropriate. Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to read your comments!
Cheers, Kate