Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Cherry on Top!

Stylish Blogger Award:





I received this awesome award from Ashley plus 3. Ashley is so fantastic and I lover her blog, her yummy recipes and her stunning photography! Please check out her blog now!



This award requires 7 tidbits about me so here goes nothing...


1. I love to drive all over and get lost. Yes, on purpose! 
2. My very favorite restaurant in the world is Hali'maile Genral Store
3.  I have 67 movies on my Netflix Queue
4.  I have to sleep in a room cool enough to have blankets on with out me getting super hot! 
5.  I love cereal, there are 8 boxes of cereal in my kitchen right now.
6.  I love the Big Chill kitchen style. Love, true love! I want this kitchen!
7.   One of my favorite bands is the  The Kreellers!


I am passing this awesome award to ... 



please email me at katiedid512 (at) gmail (dot) com  so I can send you the link to this award!






Cherry on Top Award:
please email me at katiedid512 (at) gmail (dot) com  so I can send you the link to this award
1. Thank the person who gave it to you: 
I must thank the amazing and super funny blogger behind the hockey mask for sharing this awesome award with me. If you haven't checked out Tales  of a Hockey Wife  you need to right now! 
2 .List 3 things you love about yourself: 
  • I love how I name everything and that I see a personality in almost every object. My last car was named Rosita and current car used to be named Louie Blue-y but now goes by The German Bitch.
  • I also like my sodas flat, mostly root beer and 7-up. I spent so much time trying to speed up the process of removing the bubbles. The best way is to throw your soda into the blender for a few minutes!
  • I sometimes love that I can predict the weather better than almost any news weather person around. I don't always love it, but that is a story for another time!
3. Post a picture you love on your blog: 
4. Pass this award on to 5 other bloggers:
Peas & Thank You: one of my newest favorite reads

The Arthur Clan: I love the new design, the incredible photos and the super adorable kids!


Heather from Farmgirl Gourmet: this is another new read for me and I love how refreshing it is to read this awesome blog.


Zizzi rosemaryphoto © 2010 Amber | more info (via: Wylio)


The Best Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloins
from the Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics
1 lemon, zest grated
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 to 6 lemons)
Good olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Kosher salt
3 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, mustard, and 2 teaspoons salt in a sturdy 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins and turn to coat with the marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and discard the marinade but leave the herbs that cling to the meat. Sprinkle the tenderloins generously with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large oven-proof saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear the pork tenderloins on all sides until golden brown. Place the saute pan in the oven and roast the tenderloins for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat registers 137 degrees F at the thickest part. Transfer the tenderloins to a platter and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Carve in 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. The thickest part of the tenderloin will be quite pink (it's just fine!) and the thinnest part will be well done. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm, or at room temperature with the juices that collect in the platter.



Note: Sorry guys, this recipe has been made twice in the last 2 months but I got too it much to fast to get pics. Damn is it super super yummy and I don't even really like pork!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for the award!!! I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award!! You're the best! p.s. totally making the pork, my husband loves pork chops and I LOVE barefood contessa. Sounds like a win-win to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your awards!! And thank you for passing one on to me!! :) I'm so very honored!! ♥- Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you just the sweetest!!! Thank you for the lovely award! The recipe sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Kate. My first award ever! Oh, and those kitchens are to die for! ~ Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award Kate! I can't wait to pass it on! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award! I just emailed you requesting the link...can't wait to pass this on...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kate!!! I just emailed you requesting the link. I promise to pass it on and link back to you!

    ReplyDelete


Hello and thanks for visiting Calamity Kate Kitchen. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipes and stories to leave a comment! Please excuse our word verification, but lots of spammers have been leaving their comments and those comments are not appropriate. Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to read your comments!
Cheers, Kate