Friday, March 4, 2011

Friendly Friday: Week Febuary 25th to March 4th

Hello everyone. First of all, I am feeling better but not back to my old self yet.  So per doctor Mom's orders I am taking one more day off work. I am also curled up with my second bowl of delicious homemade chicken soup (thanks to mom) that has a pretty amazing track record of curing what ails you. I will share this recipe soon. My parents have been such a help bringing me soup and dinner while I have been sick (my fridge is about to burst open).  Thanks for the love everyone. Sorry for the late post, I slept most of the day away. Enjoy your weekend! 





Nicole from Bliss n Tell: Nicole's awesome recipe this week is Trefoil Toffee. What an awesome way to serve up leftover Girl Scout Cookies. I got so lucky this year a girl scout knocked on my door last week with cookies to sell. I got 4 boxes, 2 chocolate peanut butter (one is gone already) and 2 boxes of Thin Mints. Yummy, I may have to hunt down some Trefoil Cookies.


B. Lee from Clean Sheets on Sundays: check out this cutie covered in chocolate and beautiful vintage photos! I absolutely love the vintage cake tin and how cute is this sweet dog in a stroller! 

Courtney from Misadventures in Cooking: I love how much Courtney and I have in common. She had a few calamities in her cooking, check out her junior high school gourmet cooking class. Thanks so much for checking on me this week Courtney!
Nicole from The Love of Food: Check out Nicole's super cute dogs munching on Peanut Butter Doggie Cookies. Also I had so much fun watching Nicole in episode #3  of the Gourmoo Cook Off. This was a blast to watch and boy oh boy were the judges harsh. Congrats to Nicole. I am off to watch more at Moovision.com


Lisa from The Nourishing Homemaker: Lisa is making some magic on her blog this week  with an awesome giveaway, homemade marshmallow ice cream and homemade magic ice cream shell. Lisa I am adding Mallomars to my list of recipes I am on the look out for at all times! 
TexaGermaNadian: I really needed a few laughs this week, so thanks for sharing this histarical side by side of Crazy Animal Muppet and Crazy Libyan Human. I am sending this out to everyone I know.  Also check out how to properly drink and "Prost" or "Zum Wohl" or "Auf Uns".

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are under the weather. The cold that is going around this year is a bad one. I had it for 2weeks. Mom's chicken soup is always best. And the pic looks super. Can't wait for recipe.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue to feel better. Rest and plenty of fluids is the best antidote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I have been missing you! Glad you're feeling a bit better! Can't wait for your regular posts again! Have a wonderful weekend and get better! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Thanks so much for mentioning me and my blog! You're awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I am just now seeing this. Thank you so much for the great shoutout. You are the best!!! I hope you are having a great weekend. And thanks for some great new reads :) Really, you made my Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you are on the mend, and glad you have chicken soup delivery :) it looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the healing blogger love! I am feeling much better and almost back to normal. I had no idea that by starting this blog that I would find such lovely friends. Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete


Hello and thanks for visiting Calamity Kate Kitchen. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipes and stories to leave a comment! Please excuse our word verification, but lots of spammers have been leaving their comments and those comments are not appropriate. Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to read your comments!
Cheers, Kate