Friday, March 11, 2011

Friendly Friday: Week March 4th to 11th

The first day of spring is so close… but here in Indiana it was snowing yet again after a few gray rainy days. The good news is that I have lovely friends (you) to keep me warm and busy. 


This week has been perfect for cooking big wintery meals. I made roasted pork chops with balsamic apples and onions and skinny silky mashed potatoes. Even though it everything was comfort food…it was all low in WW points. I will be sharing my secret to making skinny and silky mashed potatoes next week. Please stay warm and curl up with a good cup of hot, sweet pepermint tea and a few magizines and cookbooks. Thats my plan for tonight! 
Pretender to the throne


Karen from Barefoot in Portland: wow look how yummy this  German puffy oven baked pancake is and this super delicious Slow Cooker Upside Down Chicken Pot Pie looks absolutely amazing.


Meg from The Red Spoon: check out all of Meg's amazing food and gorgeous photos. I really want to try Roast Chicken with Dijon and Meyer LemonGoat Cheese and Broccoli Rabe and Lemon Yogurt Cake.

Chrissy from Chrissy in America:Chrissy Rocks… She is offering 2 totally awesome giveaways. Here and Here and featuring her sponsors this month. Like I said, Chrissy Rocks!

Roberta from More Thyme Than Dough: Roberta has such a beautiful blog. Check out this awesome combination of  history, family stories, inexpensive but yummy meals. 

Courtney from Misadventrues in Cooking: Courtney is so hysterical check out her  breakfast mistake of the smoking pot.  Also I had no idea that when Courtney found my blog, she was hoping to find a kitchen klutz. Sorry Courtney, I am a klutz and I need to share more true calamity Kate stories.

Desi from Steak n Potatoes Kind of Gurl: I am loving this blog, and it isn't  just because Desi signs of with Peace and bacon grease ;). Check out these awesome
recipes forroasted asparagus with creamy mustard sauce and I am looking forward to this weeks chicken pesto Marsala.
Janae from GrumpyGratefulMom:Meet the newest member of Janae's family, Princess  Davis. Also check out why Janae's prayers will be very specific from now on. And the adventrues of toilet baby is a must read!

Rancher Mom from Rancher Mom's Realm and Taylor Ranch Goats: I am enthralled with the goats at Rancher Mom's. Their favorite goat, Whitey gave birth this week to a beautiful baby boy and girl. The names haven't been released yet but the birth of the babies was on the same day as RM's husband's birthday. Happy B-day to baby goats and RH!

Ashley from Ashley Plus 3: The sky isn't falling, but the grapefruit is. Ashley has a beautiful tree that is heavy with huge ripe grapefruit. I am so jealous! Also check out Ashley's adorable children and  little Mia is the cutest little imp!

Kristina from A Perfect Dose of Life: check out this incredible birthday dinner of pretzel crusted chicken with spicy mustard sauce, rustic potatoes and asparagus! Also a happy Birthday to Ryan!

Katrina from In Katrina's Kitchen: Katrina is trying to send me off the deep end! Do no look at this scrumptious Peanut Butter Truffle Brownie with Ganache topping if you want to stay on your diet. Also don't try her homemade girl scout samoas and thin mints if you are trying to stay on WW!

Laura from Walking Contradiction: San Diago, kettle corn, farmers markets and a wish for snow.  Laura lives in a wonderful world

Tanya  from A Taste of T: Congratulations to Tanya for reaching 30 weeks! I love what is on Tanya's mind this week, everything from vegetables on cake to pandas and drug dealers.

Nicole from Bliss n Tell: Oh my goodness, it isn't pumpkin season, but I am seriously craving Nicole's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Walnuts. 
TexaGermaNadian: Cheese and Rice the Karneval pictures are crazy awesome! I have never seen anything like this before.

Nicole from For the Love of Food: Check out the 3rd round of Gourmoo desserts! Nicole's Ooey Gooy Chocolate Pecan Cobbler looks amazing! Go Nicole!

Christine from Fresh Local and Best: Check out this incredible dish of Roasted Marrow Bones with Lemon Parsley Shallots and Caper Sauce… excuse me while I drool over the picture. Yum!

17 comments:

  1. Girl, you rock! Thanks so much for the shout-out! So glad you're back!!
    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo you mentioned me, that is so awesome! Thanks!!
    This weather is indeed perfect for hanging out in the kitchen and having some cooking fun. Hope you have an incredible weekend, and we get plenty of sun, I am done with the winter blahs personally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for the feature!! I appreciate it! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO sweet!! Thank you for the feature! Have a lovely weekend! I hope you get your 6 very soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and thanks for highlighing this wonderful blogs!

    Come check mine out
    Jessica@ www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    I'm your newest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feature! The asparagus wasn't one of my faves... but be sure to check out some other recipes on my blog if you stop by! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate,
    Thanks for the mention!!! I will have to check out your secret to silky mashed potatoes next week. Mine are never so fabulous. I'm going to go check out some of the other blogs you mentioned. Have a great weekend! Janae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peppermint tea is my favorite. Beautiful picture, i love nature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. thanks for the shout out...you're the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just the sweeeeeetest! (And boy do I know my sweets!! lol!) THANK YOU so very much for the shout out! Wow! You're just so encouraging! And whoa! Alot of great blogs on this list and some new ones to check out as well!! Just an FYI...You can still eat my goodies on WW!! :) WW is working for me too!! 30lbs since October! Can I get a woot-woot!!!??!!! ♥_ Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kate for the feature, it was very nice of you. Can't wait to hear about the skinny mashed potatoes -- I need to do some skinny-sizing in the next few weeks, I've put on too much vacation weight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I'd forgotten about peppermint tea. Haven't had it since college, but it sounds tasty tonight. I may be joining you. :) Thanks again for the shout out! ~ Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you SO much for the shout out! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Kate! You rock for the shoutout. I will have to mention something this weekend about it. Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the WW success Katrina! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend… I will be at work all weekend. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Kate, thank you so much for the shout-out! I hope you are having a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete


Hello and thanks for visiting Calamity Kate Kitchen. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipes and stories to leave a comment! Please excuse our word verification, but lots of spammers have been leaving their comments and those comments are not appropriate. Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to read your comments!
Cheers, Kate